Pork chops is a favorite in our house, and it can be done in many ways. Here is a version that is served with a warm chutney with a bit of heat that will make your mouth water. It is served with roast potatoes with garlic and rosemary. I will show you how I make delicious, crunchy roast potatoes with just a wee bit of oil.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Pork Chops 4
- Fresh Red Chili 1
- Large Red Onion 1
- Balsamic Vinegar 2 tbsps
- Sukrin Gold Can be substituted with brown sugar 2 tbsps
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Fresh rosemary
- Garlic Powder 1 tsp
- Small potatoes 600 g
The red pepper chutney
- Burn the chili and bell peppers using a blow torch, or place them on a hot pan until they are black.
- Place in a bowl while they are hot and cover the bowl with cling film. [delipress_optin id="29840"]
- Once they have cooled off peel the black skin off, deseed and add to a food processor and whiz to a paste-like consistancy.
- Chop the red onion. Warm up a pan and caramelize the it.
- Add the paste, the balsamic vinegar, the sukrin gold, and season with salt and pepper. Fry it until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside to infuse.
- Chop 3 sprigs of rosemary leaves.
- Quarter the potatoes and add them the Actifry pan. If you don’t own an Actifry add them to an oven proof pan.
- If using Actifry; pour 1 tbsp oil into the pan. If using an oven drizzle the potatoes with oil.
- Sprinkle the rosemary on top and season them with garlic powder and fine salt.
- Set the actifry to 35 minutes, or turn your oven on to 200° C (400° F), when the oven is hot, fry the potatoes for 35 minutes.
The pork chops
- Score the fat on the chops a couple of centimeters apart. This will help them not folding up on the pan.
- Season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Warm a griddle pan to medium hot.
- Add oil to the pan and add the pork chops. Put a couple of sprigs of thyme in for flavor.
- Fry it 3 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other. In the last minute add the chutney to the pan to reheat it.
- Serve and enjoy.
I am crazy about food, cakes, snacks and everything in between. I love to do tons of experiments to find the best recipe, so that you don’t have to.