Homemade chili oil is a great thing to have in your refrigerator. You can fry in it to give an extra punch, or pour it directly over your dish or salat if you need a bit of heat.
The best thing is that it does not take more than a couple of minutes to throw together, so what are you sitting there reading for? Get a pot and get started ;)[delipress_optin id="29840"]
Ingredients 1 Servings
- Rapeseed oil 450 ml
- Dried chilis I used two regular red and two birdseed ml
- Chili flakes 15 g
- Put oil, chili flakes and dried chilies into a pot.
- Bring to a medium heat and let simmer a couple of minutes until the oil turns a wonderful orange color. Be careful it does not burn.
- Pour into a sterilized bottle and keep in the refrigerator.
- It could not possibly be any easier to make homemade chili oil, but a great thing to have around. Why pay a bundle at the store for a small bottle, when you can make a large at home for a tenth of the price?
I am crazy about food, cakes, snacks and everything in between. I love to do tons of experiments to find the best recipe, so that you don’t have to.