- A good piece of bread with a great cheese and bacon jam on the top.
- On a burger, smear one of the pieces of bun with bacon jam and that a bite of heaven.
- Mix into your scrambled eggs for a turbo bacon/eggs dish.
- Put it in your mince meat when you make meat balls or meat loaf.
- Put in on any sandwich where you would otherwise put a slice of bacon.
Ingredients 1 Servings
- Smoky bacon 1 kg
- Onions, medium 6
- Sukrin gold 150 ml
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tbsps
- Espresso 200 ml
- Water 200 ml
- Cut the bacon in ½ cm slices.
- Cut the slices into cubes.
- Fry the bacon (more that one time to avoid layering it) until it is slightly browned, but not cooked through. Put aisde.
- Halve the onions and cut each half into slices.
- Fry the onions in the leftover bacon fat until they are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add sukrin and caramelize the onions (about 20 minutes)
- Put the bacon, the espresso and water in.
- Reduce for about 30 minutes or until there is a little bit of thick fluid at the bottom.
- Take off the heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Add more vinegar (if needed) and salt to taste.
- Server immediately or put in a sterilized mason jar and keep in the refrigerator.
- That is how easy it is to make delicious heavenly bacon jam. Enjoy.
Tags: bacon, bacon jam, condiment for cheese, condiment for meat, everything is better with bacon
I am crazy about food, cakes, snacks and everything in between. I love to do tons of experiments to find the best recipe, so that you don’t have to.