Bacon jam. I know it sounds strange, but the combination of smoky, salty and sweet is extremely good. We already know it from here, at home, when we make american pancakes with maple syrup and crispy bacon.[delipress_optin id="29840"]
But what do you use it for? Well, there at lots of things that get much better with “the bacon treatment” :D
- A good piece of bread with a great cheese and bacon jam on the top.
- On a burger, smear one of the pieces of bun with bacon jam and that a bite of heaven.
- Mix into your scrambled eggs for a turbo bacon/eggs dish.
- Put it in your mince meat when you make meat balls or meat loaf.
- Put in on any sandwich where you would otherwise put a slice of bacon.
Ingredients 1 Servings
- Smoky bacon 1 kg
- Onions, medium 6
- Sukrin gold 150 ml
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tbsps
- Espresso 200 ml
- Water 200 ml
- Cut the bacon in ½ cm slices.
- Cut the slices into cubes.
- Fry the bacon (more that one time to avoid layering it) until it is slightly browned, but not cooked through. Put aisde.
- Halve the onions and cut each half into slices.
- Fry the onions in the leftover bacon fat until they are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add sukrin and caramelize the onions (about 20 minutes)
- Put the bacon, the espresso and water in.
- Reduce for about 30 minutes or until there is a little bit of thick fluid at the bottom.
- Take off the heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Add more vinegar (if needed) and salt to taste.
- Server immediately or put in a sterilized mason jar and keep in the refrigerator.
- That is how easy it is to make delicious heavenly bacon jam. Enjoy.
I am crazy about food, cakes, snacks and everything in between. I love to do tons of experiments to find the best recipe, so that you don’t have to.