This is a simple dish, but that does not make it any less tasty. The marinade gives the the chicken a wonderfully complex flavor. When you open the pot with the cardamom rice, you get instantly transported to an exotic place. The salad is both sharp and crunchy, and brings the dish a bit of edge and texture.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Chicken thighs 8
- Maple syrup I use a sugarfree version that I make myself 6 tbsps
- Soy sauce 4 tbsps
- Fish sauce 3 tbsps
- White wine vinegar 3 tbsps
- The juice from one lemon
- Sesame oil 3 tbsps
- Cardamom seeds 12
- Basmati rice 300 g
- Water 450 ml
- Radishes 200 g
- Cucumber 100 g
- Red onion 1 large or 2 small 1
- White wine vinegar 1 tbsp
- Good olive oil 3 tbsps
- Sukrin Or table sugar ½ tsps
- Clove of garlic 1
- Wash the vegetables and cut the radishes and cucumbers thinly.
- Peel the onions, halve them and slice them.
- Peel the clove of garlic.
- Mix oil, white wine vinegar, add sukrin and crushed garlic and mix well.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl, crushing the cucumbers lightly as you do.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables toss the salad thoroughly.
- Put in the refrigerator until needed.
- Mix maple syrup, soy sauce, fish sauce, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Add a good pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix well.
The chicken thighs
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC (430ºF).
- Put the chicken thighs in an oven-proof pan.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Drizzle salt over top.
- Roast in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Crush the cardamom seeds lightly with the side of your kitchen knife.
- Warm the seeds on a dry pan for a couple minutes.
- Be sure to move them around by either shaking the pan or using a wooden spatula, so that they don’t burn.
- Pour 300g of rice and 450ml of water in a pot.
- Put the roasted cardamom seeds into the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil, once it boils, turn the heat down to low and put the lid on.
- After 12 minutes remove from the heat. Do not remove the lid.
- Leave them until you are ready to serve.
- Put two chicken thighs on the plate.
- Put a potion on rice on the plate and pour over some of the leftover juices from the roasting pan.
- Put a good portion of the salad on the plate.
I am crazy about food, cakes, snacks and everything in between. I love to do tons of experiments to find the best recipe, so that you don’t have to.